TRANSPORT CANADA RESTRICTIONS?
AS OF JUNE 1ST 2019:
- All our pilots hold certificates for ADVANCED OPERATIONS in CONTROLLED AIRSPACE and for NIGHT OPERATIONS.
- All our drones are certified for OPERATIONS NEAR PEOPLE (minimum 16.4ft/5m lateral distance).
IN OTHER WORDS:
- The safety perimeter is a buffer area of at least 16.4ft around the UAV required by Transport Canada, away from any traffic or persons not directly associated with the operation.
- We are only permitted to stop traffic from entering the safety perimeter temporarily, to give us time to land our UAV (and give way to traffic). This is only possible in low traffic areas, unless street occupancy permits are obtained and within budget.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO YOU USE?
We use a full range of cameras for stills and video. Our cameras are flown with multicopters (4 to 8 rotors) balloons or helicopters and stabilized with top of the line 3 axis brushless gimbals. Almost any camera can adequately be matched to one of our air frames and controlled independently by experienced camera operators, to ensure we can get the perfect shots every time.
HOW HIGH, AND HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY?
- UAV's/Drones for lower elevations: We can operate at a maximum altitude of 120m (400ft) depending on the location. Although our equipment can safely operate several Km away, we are required to maintain clear and unaided visual line of sight with the UAV at all times.
- Balloons for medium elevations: The Balloon is tethered to the ground and can fly up to 1000ft depending on the location and weather conditions. Very calm weather is a must!
- Helicopters for higher elevations: This is the only legal option for higher elevations, and the sky is the limit!
HOW MUCH NOTICE DO YOU NEED BEFORE A SHOOT?
We can operate at fairly short notice. Provided our schedule and the weather permits it, we can be ready to shoot with at least 24h notice. Notifying us as early as possible will not only ensure we can shoot without delays, but also gives us the time required to scout the location beforehand (if necessary), plan shots, and prepare our equipment.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULING?
Any cancellations (or rescheduling) with under 24 hours notice may be subject to a cancellation fee of up to 50% of the full amount of the booking. If a shoot needs to be rescheduled due to unforecasted poor weather (low visibility, rain, strong winds), there will be no extra charges involved and we will do our best to find openings in our schedule.