SOME OF THE MOST COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR SERVICES
TRANSPORT CANADA RESTRICTIONS?
A FEW TRANSPORT CANADA REQUIREMENTS ALL CANADIAN UAV OPERATORS MUST ABIDE BY:
No pilot shall operate the UAV at a lateral distance of less than 100 feet unless;
- (a) the building, vehicle or vessel is the subject of the aerial work, and
- (b) only persons inherent to the operation are present.
No pilot shall operate the UAV at a lateral distance of less than 100 feet from the general public, spectators, bystanders or any person not associated with the operation.
No pilot shall operate the UAV over a built-up area or over an open-air assembly of persons.
IN OTHER WORDS:
- The safety perimeter is a buffer area of at least 100ft around the UAV required by Transport Canada, away from any traffic or persons not directly associated with the operation.
- All neighboring properties within the safety perimeter must be notified for safety and privacy reasons before any flights.
- Explicit permission must be granted by owners to fly over any private property.
- We are only permitted to stop traffic from entering the safety perimeter temporarily, to give us time to land our UAV (and give way to traffic). This is only possible in low traffic areas, unless street occupancy permits are obtained and within budget.
WHAT IS YOUR TURNAROUND TIME FOR PHOTOS?
Our average turnaround time for fully edited photos is 24 to 48 hours. The files are provided via online storage.
WHAT IS YOUR TURNAROUND TIME FOR VIDEOS?
Our average turnaround time for for fully edited videos is 24 to 72 hours.. We then email you a YouTube or Vimeo link that can be used to embed the video on your website, or share via social media. The RAW files are also available on request.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO YOU USE?
We use a full range of cameras for stills and video. Our cameras are flown with multicopters (4 to 8 rotors) balloons or helicopters and stabilized with top of the line 3 axis brushless gimbals. Almost any camera can adequately be matched to one of our air frames and controlled independently by experienced camera operators, to ensure we can get the perfect shots every time.
HOW HIGH, AND HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY?
- UAV's/Drones for lower elevations: We can operate at a maximum altitude of 120m (400ft) depending on the location. Although our equipment can safely operate several Km away, we are required to maintain clear and unaided visual line of sight with the UAV at all times.
- Balloons for medium elevations: The Balloon is tethered to the ground and can fly up to 1000ft depending on the location and weather conditions. Very calm weather is a must!
- Helicopters for higher elevations: This is the only legal option for higher elevations, and the sky is the limit!
HOW MUCH NOTICE DO YOU NEED BEFORE A SHOOT?
We can operate at fairly short notice. Provided our schedule and the weather permits it, we can be ready to shoot with at least 24h notice. Notifying us as early as possible will not only ensure we can shoot without delays, but also gives us the time required to scout the location beforehand (if necessary), plan shots, and prepare our equipment.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULING?
Any cancellations (or rescheduling) with under 24 hours notice may be subject to a cancellation fee of up to 50% of the full amount of the booking. If a shoot needs to be rescheduled due to unforecasted poor weather (low visibility, rain, strong winds), there will be no extra charges involved and we will do our best to find openings in our schedule.